Friday, September 01, 2006

Remembering Rebecca Lee Koborie - Sept 1.

Today is the 1st of September. On the 11th of September 2001, Rebecca Lee Koborie was murdered in downtown New York. Each days counting down to 9/11/06 I'm going to introduce you to Rebecca, tell you a little about her life, dreams, career, friends, family and talents.

I won't tell you about her death, because that we already know. We've spent almost five years trying to ensure it doesn't happen again. This is the last moment I'll say anything about the tragedy.

But that's not what the 2996 project is about. It's about celebrating life, and rejoicing over the time Rebecca spent on the Earth. To me it's about meeting a person who's been gone for five years, through the thoughts and words of the people that knew her. It's about understanding the precious nature of the people we sometimes take for granted. It's about understanding the diversity in us all, and how we come together to make a nation that's stronger than it's individual parts. It's about all of us, and how one person made a difference in the lives of others.

I'd like to humbly ask permission from each of the websites I will be pulling information from about Rebecca and the lives the touched. I will do my best to attribute photos and info to the various sites I pull content from. I can't ask each person individually, but I can assure her friends and family that I will pay tribute to her with utmost respect and dignity. If anyone that knew her would like to contact me with personal stories or anecdotes, please email me at lasthome@gmail.com - I've set up a special Gmail account for that correspondence.

Rebecca Lee Koborie was 48 years old and lived in Guttenberg, N.J.

She was an executive secretary at Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. in the World Trade Center.

She left behind a father, mother, two brothers and a sister.

Top Photo and information
Bottom Photo and information

1 comment:

  1. Two weeks ago, Sept. 28, 2014, my husband Bob and I spent our last day of a 3 week vacation in Europe, walking around New York. We wanted to visit the 9/11 Memorial and in doing so, I strolled to the actual site of the buildings where names were engraved. Of the thousands of names, my eyes fell upon the name REBECCA LEE KORBORIE. I decided I would remember that name and look it up when I got home. And I have. She and I were only a year apart, I was born 1952. She was obviously lovely, talented and so well loved and missed. I honor her I wish her family only the sweetest memories of her. Carol Wilson, Huntington Beach, California

    ReplyDelete