Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year's Traditions

Tish of The Kat House tagged me for this meme about New Year’s good luck traditions.

Rule:
Copy the person and persons’ names that sent it to you and add your own at the bottom of the list. It really helps to build community.

Let’s start it here!

*My mom used to collect some coins and when the new year comes she put the coins in a bowl and shake it to create sounds. She said its good luck for money throughout the year. And also wearing dotted dresses on new year don’t know why. CC/chalyza/keep

*My old folks always told us to avoid spending money on new years day. They said, once you spend on the first day of the year, you like to spend the rest of the year. Behind d Scenes of ME/ Retchel’s Pure Life/ A little bit of me

*I grew up believing that if you have some money on your pocket (whatever you’re wearing) come New Year’s eve it will ensure steady flow of income throughout the year. The other belief is that the main door of the house should be wide open come New Year’s eve so that good luck will be ushered in. Juliana of MY WORLD and JULIANA’S LAIR.

*I don’t know if what I am about to write is a new year’s tradition or not. In my place, most people will ‘jump’ into the sea or take a shower as soon as the clock strikes to 12 in New Year’s Eve to get rid of all the bad lucks in the previous year. ;D ~ CHOC MINT GIRL~

*Like most other East Tennesseans, I always have a side of blackeyed peas with my dinner on New Year’s Day. - Tish of The Kat House

*For the past several years we've invited four other families from our church to our house New Year's Eve for a great get-together. Food, games, kids, a great time for everyone. Unfortunately this year my band had a gig so I had to leave the party early, but it's become such a big tradition I wasn't missed too badly :) And most importantly, no black-eyed peads were served! Thank goodness. Where that tradition ever came from I have no idea but I can't stand black-eyed-peas. I don't know if our tradition invokes particular amounts of good luck, but it certainly starts the New Year off right! - Barry of Inn of the Last Home

I tag Logtar, Michael and Sarcomical.

No comments:

Post a Comment