Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Feast Eighty-Two

Appetizer - Choose one: moving to another state, having triplets, or never being able to eat chocolate again.

Well, I'm not a big fan of chocolate so that one would probably be the easy choice. Moving to another state would be very difficult - my whole life is here in Knoxville, my parents, my in-laws, all the friends I've spent years cultivating... that would be the hardest, I think. Triplets? Got two, what's three more? :)


Soup - Name a news story that truly shocked you.

The riots over cartoons continue to defy belief, but it's not really that shocking. Of course 9/11 is probably the most shocking news event of our lifetime (and I hope it continues to hold that title for a long time...). I remember being shocked watching the footage from some of our space probes, like the Mars Global Surveyors and all the Voyager fly-bys.


Salad - What was your very first job?

My first real job was a Work Study program at the UT Music Hall when I was a freshman in college - although it was actually set up more like a scholarship program you had to work for. My first real off-the-street fill-out-an-application job was at Halls Cinema as an usher that following summer.


Main Course - If you had the chance to read the diary of someone you're really close to, would you? Why or why not?

Interesting. My mind says no, of course not, but my gut tells me I may not be able to resist.

Bad gut. Bad...



Dessert - What's something you're looking forward to?

Wow. I look forward to walking my daughter down the aisle someday. I look forward to riding a roller coaster with my son. I look forward to my next cruise (whenever that will be). I look forward to the day when I can finally spend a lot of quality time with my wife. I look forward to holding a grandchild. I just look forward to finding out what every day after this will hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment