Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Random Musings As The Day Goes On....

  • Apparently my day was not very muse-worthy..

    And the spoon is still there.

  • There's a spoon in the bathroom. I don't know why it's there, but it is.

  • Went to dinner at Steak 'n' Shake last night. BrainyBoy (v8.5) told us that "when he was little" he used to think he had a different tube in his throat for every kind of food to go down. A carrot tube, a green beans tube, etc. And when something "went down the wrong way" that meant a carrot went down a green beans tube by mistake.

    Somehow the fact that an 8-year-old is remembering silly thoughts he used to have when he was younger makes me want to burst out laughing and hug him. It also makes me feel old. Again.

    GiggleGirl said there were, however, three tubes. One of the air, one for the food and one for drinks. When I informed her she was very close, that food and drink went down the same tube, she scrunched up her face and went, "Ewwwwwww". I then continued to explain the whole milkshake/blender effect that happens when food and liquids mix together in her stomach. I don't think she appreciated having that little anatomical fantasy quashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment