Monday, August 09, 2004

35 Questions

By unpopular demand, here they are.

1) WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR BEDROOM WALLS?

I have no idea. Beige? It's always dark when I'm in there.

2) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

Unity, by S.D. Perry

3) WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

At work: A picture collage of all the websites Hatamaran and I operate here at the health system. We put it together a couple of years ago as giveaway to educate the employees about our new corporate intranet.

At home: I don't remember, but I have a great one that has a picture of me and my son on it when he was about 2. It doesn't work really well as a mouse pad (the trackball slips) but I always keep it nearby. There's an identical picture on my wall.

4) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Trivial Pursuit, then Monopoly.

5) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

The New Yorker.

Not really. I just put that up to look sophisticated.

6) FAVORITE SMELL?

Hot buttered popcorn popping.

7) FAVORITE COLOR?

Green.

8) LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?

Of the remaining primaries/secondaries, probably yellow. If you want to dig deeper I don't like aquamarine or magenta.

9) HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE PICKS UP?

Three. I wish I could set it for more because sometimes we each think the other's got it, and then it picks up before either can get to it.

10) MOST IMPORTANT MATERIAL THING IN MY LIFE?

Photos and videotapes of out kids growing up.

11) FAVORITE FLAVOR OF ICE CREAM?

Black Cherry from Kay's Ice Cream.

12) DO YOU BREAK THE SPEED LIMIT DAILY?

Yep. But not severely.

13) DO YOU HAVE A STUFFED ANIMAL IN YOUR ROOM SOMEWHERE?

You're asking the father of two little kids whether there's a stuffed animal in the room?? The better question is whether's there's a stuffed animal in my chair, or the bed. Or on the stairs.

In my office here at work....um, yes. My lionfish from the Ripley's Aquarium. His name is Stewart. Oh, and a, um, tribble. He doesn't have a name.

14) STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?

Thunder - don't care, kinda cool. Lightning - can't stand a glimpse. Any possible remote threat of tornadoes - I'm under the sink.

15) FAVORITE DRINK?

Iced tea, from Back Yard Burgers in Knoxville. Ok, any iced tea.

16) WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

December 30.

17) FAVORITE VEGETABLES?

Green Beans

18) IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Full-time artistic director for a theatre, that would allow me to direct shows as well. Any inquiries welcome.

19) IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I'd just be happy to have more hair, thanks.

20) HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Yes.

21) TOP THREE FAVORITE MOVIES (IN ORDER)?

1 - Star Wars
2 - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3 - Back to the Future

22) DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?

What right keys? Are we making some kind of value judgement on keys, now?

Wait, I'm confused. Do I type on the right keys instead of, like the left ones? Then my sentences would look like this:

hi nn in onl i om m ih hn. (This sentence was written only with keys from my right hand)

Or do you mean do I punch the right keys at all? If I didn't, they'd look like this:

astru fhatj tkeuetka tuas;yio a; thqw

This doesn't make sense...

23) WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED?

Monsters. And cats. Boxes of clothes and feathers.

24) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?

Five. Where are we going with this?

25) FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH ON TV & IN PERSON?

Um, er, um...football. No, BASEBALL!! BASEBALL, I tell you!!!

26) WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?

Failing as a parent. Not doing something I should have done in a critical (or even non-critical moment) due to inattention or stupidity.

27) FAVORITE CD OF ALL TIME & RIGHT NOW?

Right now my favorite CD is O Mickey Where Art Thou. Of all time, probably Sports by Huey Lewis and the News.


28) FAVORITE TV SHOW OF ALL TIME & RIGHT NOW?

All Time: Star Trek
Right Now: 24, The Dead Zone

29) HAMBURGERS OR HOT DOGS?

Both. Either or. You name it.

30) THE COOLEST PLACES YOU’VE EVER BEEN?

* The point of the eagle's beak at halftime of the '85 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
* Kayaking off the coast of Barbados just before swimming with the sea turtles
* Rain Forest and Dormant Volcanoes of Dominica and St. Lucia
* Standing at the altar and seeing the doors open at the back of the church, letting in the blazing setting sun that silhouetted my moments-to-be-wife as she came in to the sanctuary.

31) WHAT WALLPAPER AND/OR SCREENSAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW?

Wallpaper: Darth Vader conceptual art from SW:ROTS (work)
Whales in flight from Fantasia: 2000 (home)

Screensaver: EPCOT slide show (work)
Regular starfield (home) (I used to have a Spiderman animated screen saver at home, but it kept crashing the PC)

32) DOES MCDONALD’S SKIMP ON YOUR FRIES & DO YOU CARE?

Don't care. I don't eat at McD's any more.

33) FAVORITE CHAIN RESTAURANT?

Back Yard Burgers, Chili's

34) IF YOU HAVE A BOY (OR HAVE ANOTHER BOY) WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HIM?

Probably Joshua. Long story.

35) IF YOU COULD LEARN TO PLAY ONE INSTRUMENT OVERNIGHT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

The cello. I lurve to hear a solo cello, and would dearly love to learn to play it well.


And one to grow on:

36) WHAT IS THE NEXT BIG EVENT COMING UP IN YOUR LIFE?

My 20-year High School Reunion.


(Seen at Michael Totten's)

No comments:

Post a Comment