Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday's Feast



Appetizer
Name a board game you enjoy playing (Scrabble? Monopoly? Trivial Pursuit?) What's fun about it? Do you change the rules or go by the book?

I love board games, especially Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit. We generally do not change the rules (I'm a stickler) except for the universal "Free Parking" bonus in Monopoly. I also like participation games like Cranium,

Soup
How's the weather been in your area lately? Hot and dry? Wet and muggy? Stormy? Beautiful?

Wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet....well, you get the picture. We had the rainiest June and I think one of our winter months was the rainiest we'd had in years. But mark my words, sometime later this summer we'll have a week of no rain and people will be falling over themselves with worry about drought.

Salad
Do you consider yourself an emotional person? What types of emotions do you experience most often?

Yes, I consider myself an emotional person. Having children brings me a lot of joy, yet some frustration and anger - that's part of being a parent. However, I generally tend to try and look at the bright side of life, because:

"Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad,
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing your last gristle,
Don't grumble! Give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...."


Main Course
List 3 songs you've been listening to recently. Are these songs from a different category of music than you usually choose, or are you devoted to a certain type of tunes?

I pretty much abandoned listening to new popular music several years ago, though I enjoy a few things. I love soundtracks, and I recently dragged out the Mr Holland's Opus soundtrack - I love John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" and the "American Symphony" they composed for the movie. I also, of course, just re-listened to Monty Python's "Bright Side of Life" for the last entry, so I could get the lyrics right. I'm still a fan of 80's pop since that's what I really grew up with (I started high school in 1980 and graduated college in 1989).

Dessert
What's on your refrigerator door? Magnets? Your child's drawings? Photos? Calendars?

All of the above. Wait, there's a door there???

No comments:

Post a Comment