Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Interviewed By a Kat

I've been interviewed by Tish. She asked me five questions and I'm answering her here.

If you'd like me to ask you five questions, leave me a reply in the comments. You will then post the questions and your answers on your site.

1. What were you like in high school?

I spent a lot of time in the arts (band, chorus, drama) and hung out with all the people I knew in those areas. I was also in the honors English program, so I knew that set of people. Our class at Knoxville Central High School was fairly small that year, actually the smallest class that had come through in many years, so I knew a lot of people that most arts students wouldn't typically know. I never dated anyone in high school, but it wasn't from lack of trying - which was a source of great frustration for me. Schoolwork was fairly easy, and I never really had any desire to stay out late and party. Going to Mr Gatti's on Clinton Hwy (RIP) after football games was quite enough for me. My high school experience was overall very positive and I didn't develop any of the angst and disillusionment so many teens seemed to feel back then and on into today.


2. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?

a) I wish people would take time to see the other side of their arguments and who they're arguing with.
b) I wish there were 36 hours in a day.
c) I wish I could fly.



3. How and when did you know that Laura was the woman you wanted to marry?

When she suggested we go look at rings at the jewelry store and I heard myself agreeing. For a number of months she'd been hinting about it, and I'd always resisted (in a joking way) until one day I just agreed.


4. If you could have any job, other than the one you currently have, what would it be and why?

I'd work with John Lassater as a Disney Imagineer to develop new Disney attractions, or to develop theme park worlds and other immersive experiences like MagiQuest or Wannnado City


5. If you could go back in time to any period in history, where would you go?

Here are a few: I'd like to go back to the mid-Cretaceous or mid-Jurassic to observe real dinosaurs in the wild. I'd like to see an actual performance of Oedipus Rex in a Greek theatre, as well as see a medieval melodrama circus, see Macbeth at the Globe Theatre, attend a performance of Wagner's Ring Cycle or watch the opening night of "Oklahoma!". I'd like to see and hear Beethoven conduct his 9th Symphony. I'd like to attend the taping of an episode of "I Love Lucy" or "The Dick Van Dyke Show". I'd like to see the faces of Generals Lee and Grant as they signed the surrender documents at Appomattox Courthouse. I'd like to be at one of the legendary UT/Bama games when the other General and the Bear prowled the sidelines. And I'd like to visit the 1982 World's Fair one more time.

Hang on a second, let me check outside....

.

.

.

Rats, still no Delorean in the parking lot. Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment