Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Big Announcement

I have a big announcement to make, and this is not going to be easy.

I've spent several weeks debating whether to share this with the blog audience but I think everybody has a right to know.

One's physical appearance has a lot to do with one's self-confidence and how they interact with the world. If one is convinced they are "ugly" or somehow not presentable in modern society it can affect how you deal with coworkers, clients, even the girl at the grocery store. It can cause one to shun human contact and eventually become a recluse.

I think I have the strength of will to overcome that. My self image, while not spectacular, may survive this big thing that's happened to me.

It's embarrassing to bring up, but I'm confident my friends in the blogging community will be supportive and help me cope.

You see, I have a banana in my ear.

I just woke up one morning and it was there. Small, green, a couple inches long. Growing out of my left ear. I hoped to ignore it at first but it was too obvious to pretend it didn't exist. I tried floppy hats, wool hats, even a took. By last week it was simply too big to hide anymore, so I've decided not to worry about it anymore.

There have moments I've been tempted to, well, peel it and eat it. But I'm afraid it will hurt so I haven't yet. But it smells so good, and appears to have the potential of making a good banana pudding. I must resist.

I will be venturing out in public with this banana in my ear and I will wear it proudly. I won't be ashamed, and I won't be afraid of the reactions I'll get.

I have confirmation that I am, ahem, appealing in my own right.

I've even decided to start my own support group, "Really Ugly Banana Ears", with which I'll share my story and help others combat this social stigma.

I hope you will join the bunch in supporting people with bananas in their ears, and help everyone recognize our rightful place in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment