Friday, April 20, 2007

Gonzales

GOP senator calls for Gonzales to resign
The best way to put this behind us is your resignation," Sen. Tom Coburn (news, bio, voting record) of Oklahoma bluntly told Gonzales, one conservative to another. Gonzales disagreed, rejecting the idea that his departure would put the controversy to rest.

Ok, so this is like the biggest non-story in the past year or so. I've followed this peripherally, and correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody is alleging Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez did anything illegal in being involved in firing the federal judges, correct?

There are no Democrats accusing him of doing something that was outside the rights and duties of his job, or outside the laws of the United States, right? Am I correct in that assumption?

And am I further correct in assuming that the sole reason they feel the Attorney General of the United States is incompetent and incapable of doing his job....is because he did something political, and that they didn't like? I mean, that's all there is isn't it?

That's it???

Are they really that stupid to waste time on that???

And, by not calling them on it, are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment