Director of Online Programming and OperationsScarily enough, I'm mostly qualified for this....
Department: Lucas Online
Summary: Since 1996, Lucasfilm has been an internet entertainment leader and pioneer. The successful candidate will continue the advance in technical and creative excellence, leading the content development of Lucas Online and the publication of the Lucasfilm websites, including StarWars.com, IndianaJones.com and others.
The successful candidate will be well versed in not just one, but all areas of a successful internet business. They are able to skillfully manage such diverse disciplines as content creation, web design, website implementation, engineering web applications, online communities, effective online marketing and visionary strategic thinking.
* Manage skilled team of online content, design, production and engineering.
* Represent the Lucas brands online, delivering websites that innovate and appeal to both an existing and expanding audience.
* Lead major initiatives, including video, social networking and user-generated content.
* Lend insight to and lead implementation of business strategies and projects.
* Support company-wide online activities and requirements.
* Effectively communicate operations activities and current online trends to senior management.
Education, Experience and Skills:
* 5 years management-level experience in leading both creative and strategic functions and initiatives for a high-volume website, or collection of websites.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging web technologies, including...
o web and user interface design (html, CSS, Flash, PhotoShop)
o development processes (publishing, version control, server technologies)
o information architecture (content management systems, XML, SQL, RSS)
o digital video delivery (DRM, encoding, streaming, peer-to-peer delivery)
* Creative enthusiasm and passion for the online medium and digital media.
* Ability to lead, motivate and challenge a talented web operations team and inspire team confidence and respect.
* Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional work ethic, strong organization and time management skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in constantly changing environment.
* Appreciation, understanding and respect for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, and their audiences.
* Experience in visitor trend analysis and traffic generating strategies.
* Experience in e-commerce a plus.
UPDATE (07/28): I did it - I applied. Now to just sit back and wait to see if I actually hear from anyone.
Did I mention that the job is in San Francisco?
Post a Comment