Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday's Feast



Appetizer
What do you think is the perfect age to get married? To have a first child? To retire?

Well, my own experience is 25, 29 and....well, I don't know yet. I consider the first two very good age for both, as (I think) I had the maturity to handle both large steps at that moment in my life. When raising kids, it's important not to be too young, because it's difficult to teach respect when you're too close to their age, and I don't want to be too old when they graduate college and have kids (gulp) to have a lot of meaningful time with the grandkids. Both mine and my wife's parents followed those guidelines, and so have had (and will have) many years to spend with their grandkids.

I can't speak to retirement, truly, but you should never retire from participating in the world.


Soup
If you could change occupations tomorrow, what would you want to do for a living?

I would be a full-time director, and/or be an Artistic Director for a theatre company. That's the snap answer I've always had - although lately any theatrical venture I've undertaken has kept me away from my family in the evenings for weeks at a time, so I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I should just give up theatre until they're out of school. I haven't talked to anyone about this yet, so I'm not sure...

Salad
What does the color green make you think of?

Life. Vibrancy. Peace, and calmness. Lush. Green is my favorite color.

Interestingly, it seems "vibrancy" and "peace" are almost contradictory terms, but when associated with green...they're not.


Main Course
What is something that has happened to you over the last year that you didn't expect?

I got to spend two weeks in Florida as a musical director for a production of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

Dessert
How old were you when you had your first kiss?

I don't kiss and tell :) Suffice to say it was a bit later in life than most people would expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment