Tuesday, November 16, 2004

TV Tuesday

Week 32 - Holiday Habits

The Holidays are quickly coming upon us, what will be on your TV?

1. Any holiday favorites you can't live without?

"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "A Christmas Story". As long as I see those two specials/movies, my holidays are complete.

Funny, I didn't realize until I just looked at the IMDB listing for "Santa Claus..." that Paul Frees was the voice of the Burgermeister Meisterburger. Duh... I should have known. Click on the link to Frees to hear what else he's done, foolish mortal...


2. Holiday viewing: Parades or Football?

The Macy's Parade was fun the first few years I watched it, but I can take or leave it now. My wife and kids enjoy watching it every year. I do keep an eye out for something new and interesting, like a current Broadway show or a new TV show float.

As for football - well, I loves me some college and pro football. I'm not a junkie that will plant himself in front of the screen and watch any game that comes on - I have to have some interest in the teams - but by then, most bowl games are pretty good matchups.


3. What's your favorite holiday TV memory?

  • B.O. Mike - remember CGI Santa against the Martians Snowmen at the Sherbakoffs'?

  • I still remember watching the Star Wars Christmas Special when it first (and only) aired back in 1977.

  • Other than that, just remember this:

    "Put one foot in front of the other,
    And soon you are walkin' cross the floor!
    Put one foot in front of the other,
    And soon you are walkin' out the door!"

    ~Bonus~ Holiday remakes, are you a faithful fan of the old classics or do you prefer the newer versions?

    I really have no opinion, but I don't like to see colorized versions of the classics like "It's a Wonderful Life". Feh.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment