Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Forty-Three

Appetizer: What was your first "real" job?

My first real paycheck job was as an usher at this place when it was just the Halls Cinema 4. I started the summer of my freshman year in college in 1985, and stayed for a little over a year. That was a great year ;)

Soup: Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

Walt Disney World, definitely. There's something in the air that just defies even the machinations of the Disney Leadership. Almost my whole life I've wished I could work for the Mouse, and it was an early dream of mine to work in sound for animated films. Ah well.

Salad: Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when...

...I forget things, even basic things. Peoples' names, faces...whether we've met before. Simple number combinations like phone numbers or addresses. My short term memory is swiss cheesed, which causes no end of frustation and embarrassment.

Main Course: What values did your parents instill in you?

Be fair. Be kind. Think of others. Be humble, don't brag or push for an unfair advantage. Be honorable. Respect others and their opinions.

They taught by word and deed. Thanks, folks - I hope I can carry on what you started with me... :)


Dessert: Name 3 fads from your teenage years.

My teenage years were technically from 1979-1986, so...

1) Parachute pants (yes, I had a pair. One.)

2) Members Only jackets (I had one, and it was nice - I liked it)

3) "Flashdance"/Jennifer Beals-esque Leg Warmers (no, I didn't have any of those)


Ok, this is fun so I'll add a few more:

4) Feathered hair, boys and girls. There was something really attractive about girls with feathered hair. I tried to get mine to do the guy's equivalent, but as you can guess by looking at my picture, even then it never quite worked ;)

5) Hanging out at Mr. Gatti's on Clinton Highway after the football games. Not really a fad, but more of a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment