Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Forty-Nine

Appetizer - What job would you definitely not want to have?

I definitely would not want a job where I was one of those faceless, nameless minions crunching numbers for a living. Doing something that required intense concentration but no real creativity would suck the juices out of me like a mosquito at an overturned Bloodmobile..


Soup - Oprah calls and wants you to appear on her show. What would that day's show be about?

"Today on The Oprah Winfrey Show: Meet the man who was voted the World's Best Husband! He's the envy of women everywhere because of his unflagging devotion to wife, children and even his little cats and dog. Attentive to needs, emotionally available - he's always ready to still give the five-year-old rides on his back, discuss obscure details of Star Wars with the 9-year-old, and still mows the whole yard and takes out the trash...every week!"

Well, a guy can dream, can't he?



Salad - Name 3 vegetables that you eat on a regular basis.

Talk about changing gears...

Ok, green beans, cucumbers, and carrots.



Main Course - If you were commissioned to rename your hometown, what would you call it?

Hm. Knoxville was named after President Washington's War Secretary, Henry Knox, so I suppose something more up to date is in order. Until 4-term mayor Victor Ashe finally left office a couple years ago, he probably would've eventually renamed it Asheville (but that was already taken). I'm going to say, due to our close proximity to the Smoky Mountains and the Tennessee Volunteers - Rocky Top, Tennessee.


Dessert - If you had a personal assistant, what kind of tasks would you have them to do?

Wow. For free? Are you applying? Honestly I can't think of much I would need done by a personal assistant, professionally or personally. I guess the most help a personal assistant could be to me would be as a short-term memory repository and motivator. Someone who could keep those little details in their heads that I always tend to forget (meetings I miss, web page changes I keep forgetting to make) and also make sure I DO things I keep putting off, like starting on new projects or moving forward on old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment