Tuesday, May 17, 2005

3 Hours of My Life That I'll Never Get Back

Ever have one of those days when eveything just works out perfectly, with no hitches or problems whatsoever?

Nah, me neither.

I'm coming out of lunch yesterday afternoon, turn the key in my car....

and it blows up!!!!

Just kidding. It won't start. Crank, crank, crank... Wonderful. J-u-u-u-s-t wonderful - stuck in the middle of Alcoa. This has actually happened before and I know what the problem is, though I'm not skilled enough to be able to fix it. So I call AAA, the guy comes out and temporarily reconnects some wires so I can start the car. He says I need a new starter, and if I turn the car off I probably won't be able to start it again.

So I drive back to the dealership and proceed to hang out in the waiting room for the next 3 to 3-1/2 hours or so while they 1) find, 2) purchase, 3) install, and 4) apparently photograph, sanctify, bless and sprinkle holy water on my new starter.

I miss a half day of work - which, in and of itself is not a bad thing. Also, I almost finished the book I was reading, which is good. Catching up on website updates that came in all afternoon Monday? Not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment