Sunday, March 02, 2003

KATC Awards Report

Well, I'm back from the awards.

*Sigh*

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, which I directed, was up for a Best Children's Theatre Show Award.....but it didn't win. Oh well -- better luck next time..

But, All Night Strut, the 5-person musical I performed in won Best Short Production or Special Works!. So it was a mixed blessing evening.

The Knoxville theatre community is very interesting. Comprising companies from Knoxville (including the University of Tennessee), Oak Ridge, Sevierville, and Cumberland County, there's quite an eclectic group of people represented from all walks of life. From couples married for years to transient MFA students from UT, to career amateur actors to part-time duffers like me, there's a wide diversity in the personalities in this area.

But I love it. I'm auditioning for Company next week. Here we go again..............;)

No comments:

Post a Comment