Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, November 17, 2006 - Feast One Hundred & Eighteen

Appetizer - Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets?

I think there's a great chance there is life on other planets, of lower orders. Whether there is intelligent life I don't know. I'd like to think so because it's impossible to imagine the heights we could reach learning from other cultures' art, literature, music, philosophy, etc. I would be afraid it would throw religious beliefs into a whirlwind so I'm nervous of that... Life? Yes. Intelligent? Not sure. Maybe by the time we find some intelligent life on Earth we'll find some in space ;)


Soup - What is one thing you said you'd never do, but you eventually did?

I always told myself I'd be skinny my whole life and never weigh over 200 pounds.

Oops.



Salad - Who is the teacher that influenced you the most in school?

I had several great high school and junior high teachers - Mr. Roberts was a young guy who taught 7th grade science that was very cool and accessible. Mrs. Mayer was a very supporting and encouraging Jr. High choral teacher. Mrs. Payne and Mr. Secrist were engaging, funny and creative teachers of American History and Government in High School. Mrs. Woodall and Mrs. ....um...can't-remember-her-name were amazing AP English and Literature teachers my junior and senior years. But no one really stands out as having influenced me personally in a profound way. I think if you asked my parents they would actually say it was Mrs. Morgan who taught me in first grade and Mrs. Steed in fifth grade. They tell me they recognized and encouraged my potential and really set me on a good path at the beginning. I don't remember much about them except what they looked like (from old photos mostly) and their voices, but there you go. Thank you Mrs. Morgan and Mrs Steed. :)


Main Course - If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be and why?

The first thing that pops to mind would be to trade places with the guy who just started playing Javert on Broadway in "Les Miserable" or whoever's playing The Baker in the biggest production of "Into the Woods" currently running. After that, maybe an astronaut on the International Space Station or the Space Shuttle.


Dessert - What is your favorite dish to prepare?

The only dish I prepare is the dish I scoop my food into from the hot pans or containers and sit it down at the table. I don't "prepare" food that way...the results would be toxic..

No comments:

Post a Comment