Friday, November 17, 2006

"The King and I" Opens Tonight

It's time. Tonight is the open performance for "The King and I" at the Oak Ridge Playhouse. We run for three weekends - come out and enjoy a night at the theatre.

Cultures clash in exotic Bangkok when an English school teacher is hired to instruct he many children of the King of Siam. A classic Broadway musical featuring one of Rodgers and Hammerstein's most beautiful musical scores.
Pictured above are Robert Tenyson as The King and my good friend Laurie Bowles as Anna. Laurie was the lead in the first production I ever did at Oak Ridge, another Rodgers and Hammerstein, "Oklahoma!" back in 1997. We've crossed creative paths here and there since then but it's been several years since I've worked with her and she's a pleasure to know and a wonderful talent.

As always, if you come to see the show I'm the guy waving his arms at the orchestra and playing the electonic keyboard. My buddy Michael V. is once again churning out the bass and I'm glad to have him with us again. In fact three of the other four members of the orchestra (Michael, Carey and Patti) were with me last year in "Annie" and I hope to keep the team together with my new pianist Emily for future productions. It's hard to believe I've gone from begging for help to having a regular "troupe"!

I promise I'll have a photo of Tink in her Siamese garb soon. Keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment