Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"A Keyboard? How Quaint..."

My latest investment toward my musical career:



Casio WK-3700
Casio's newest portables utilize the high performance Zpi sound source to deliver the most realistic piano, organ, and synth sounds, plus a huge library of built-in tones, rhythms, and DSP settings. These powerful instruments feature an on-board sequencer and a mixer, for unmatched creative possibilities, plus powerful built-in speakers to take your performance to the next level. These keyboards are ideal for home/project studio use, open-mic performance, education/classroom applications, or simply for pure musical enjoyment.
I finally took the plunge and purchased a keyboard of my own. Now I don't have to beg, borrow or steal for preforming musicals or playing in my band. It's got a ton of sounds and great piano/Hammond organ patches. Plus I plan to start composing and recording some of my own stuff, maybe doing some musical podcasts if I can find the time.

"The Atomic Horns" will hopefully begin performing around the Knoxville and Oak Ridge area soon, so locals keep an eye out. I'll be the guy with the new keyboard ;) We play a mix of rock, country, beach, funk, soul, and everything in between - something for everyone. I handle about 1/3 of the lead vocals, as three of us alternate songs between us. So far I'm covering the Elvis songs, Jimmy Buffett, swing, country and some classics from the 70's.



"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts..."

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, more nostalgia.

    A lot has happened in seven years. The Atomic Horns are sort of a remnant these days, and the good old Casio still works, mostly.

    MV

    ReplyDelete