Thursday, July 07, 2005

Musicians....

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I'm Musical Director for the play, "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris," which opens next Thursday evening at the Black Box Theatre in Knoxville. If anyone is interested, please come!

However, in my secondary role as bandleader and supplemental keyboard player it's incumbent on me to actually, you know, lead a band. We have a very good, very dedicated pianist who's been there since about the beginning. And we have me playing other parts like trumpet, marimba, celesta, steel guitar, etc on the second keyboard.

But, musicians being the tempermental lot that they are, can't seem to remain committed. Last night was the first night the drummer was supposed to show up and listen to the music. He bailed before half of the rehearsal was over, saying it was "just too difficult". I didn't even see him leave - suddenly he just wasn't there.

Then I got word this morning that the guitarist/bass player who had sat in with us last night - who, incidentally had been committed since the beginning - also quit, saying we needed a drummer more than a bass player, and he had some other committments as well.

So.

Here are we, two keyboards for a 15-song musical revue. Any of my Knoxville faithful know someone who'd like to play drums or bass for the next week + four weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment