Thursday, June 16, 2005

New Faces, New Places...

Quite an interesting day yesterday.

Some of you follow both Becky and Michael's pages as well as mine... if you do, you know our fair Hawaiian beauty, who's been scoping out Nashville for future career (and other) opportunities came puttering through Knoxville yesterday, and was kind enough to have lunch with your humble innkeeper.

Becky's an interesting lady. She's continually impressed with our Southern hospitality and the fact that people actually converse with each other and strike up conversations with complete strangers in grocery store lines. Plus the fact we hold the doors open for each other... She's also boggled by all our greenery around the area, and I felt a little bad bursting the bubble by explaining the strange and exotic plant known as "kudzu" to her...

If you don't visit her site regularly, please do. You'll learn something from her posts almost every time.

Hers was the first New Face I met yesterday. I also met several new people who I will be working with as Musical Director for a show called, "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris" at the Actors Co-op BlackBox Theatre. It's a cabaret-style show featuring a number of songs from French/Belgian composer Jacques Brel who wrote in the first half of the 20th century. His songs are poignant, political, witty and thoughtful and I'm looking forward to getting started. In fact, I only heard about it for the first time the night before last and attended the first rehearsal last night. I'll keep you abreast of how it's going as time goes on.

I've done shows at the Oak Ridge Playhouse for several years, though it's been a while since I worked out there, and I've wanted to get involved in the Actor's Co-op for a long time. I hope this will open more opportunities to direct, music direct and act there in the future as they seem like a very mature and talented group of folks.

Today's a day I'll be all over town with meetings, my final Sleep Study doctor follow-up, softball game and play rehearsal tonight. Please pray to the traffic gods to part the Red Interstate and let me through with a minimum of hassle...

No comments:

Post a Comment