Wednesday, December 15, 2004

What a Weekend - Part 3

While I was tooling around town rescuing stranded motorists and generally making the world safe for all mankind, L. was picking up the kids.

On the way home, she noticed lights behind her. Blue lights.

Obediently pulling over, she was cited for driving with expired tags. Actually, she wasn't cited - I was cited, because she was driving my car.

Several months ago - ok, it was last December - my tag renewal form should've come in the mail like everyone else's. It didn't, and I promptly forgot about it.

I realized sometime in May or June that I never got my renewal form, so the sticker on my license plate still says '03. That fact would bounce around my consciousness for the next several months until it got to be about November, when I realized it would probably be a good idea to, you know, get legal.

You can see how well I took my own advice.

So now, I have to show up in court in January to show proof I have renewed my tags. That should be all that required (no fines) but we're afraid there may be court costs. I'll let you know.

Now I have to find time to drive downtown to the courthouse, figure a way to get myself back into the system and get legal again so I can get out of this thing. Meanwhile, the citation is in my car - if I get stopped again, it will be my shield against further citations.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment