Friday, January 21, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Thirty-Two

Appetizer - What is one quality you really admire about yourself?

My ability to sense and understand other peoples' emotional states. I can usually tell when someone is truly being honest to themselves or me about something important or meaningful, although sometimes it can be difficult to separate me feelings from their own. When someone hurts, I hurt and it's tough to maintain distance when necessary. I call it empathy, I suppose.

Soup - What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Head and Shoulders, but only when they're out of Knees and Toes.

Salad - Describe your favorite movie scene. You know, the one that just gets to you every time you watch it.
Adult Gertrude Lang: Mr. Holland had a profound influence on my life and on a lot of lives I know. But I have a feeling that he considers a great part of his own life misspent. Rumor had it he was always working on this symphony of his. And this was going to make him famous, rich, probably both. But Mr. Holland isn't rich and he isn't famous, at least not outside of our little town. So it might be easy for him to think himself a failure. But he would be wrong, because I think that he's achieved a success far beyond riches and fame. Look around you. There is not a life in this room that you have not touched, and each of us is a better person because of you. We are your symphony Mr. Holland. We are the melodies and the notes of your opus. We are the music of your life.

...

(paraphrased) And now, we'd like to invite Mr. Holland to direct the world premiere of "An American Symphony"

(and the band played).


Main Course - If you were a veggie, which one would you be, and why?

I'd be Larry the Cucumber. Actually, I'm more of a Bob the Tomato guy, but Larry's more fun to imitate.

Dessert - If you could take a weekend trip within 100 miles of your current residence, where would you like to go?

To a cabin in the Smoky Mountains, with my wife, for a week. In the fall or spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment