Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday's Feast - And More!

Friday's Feast

Feast Sixty-Six - Friday, October 14, 2005

Appetizer - Who is someone you would consider to be a calm person?

My boss. I've never seen her get riled up or upset by anything, and she takes almost any situation with a smile and a wave of the hand. It must be nice to be that unstressed about your work...


Soup - What was your last "gut feeling" about? Were you right?

Well, I had a gut feeling we'd get spanked by the Georgia Bulldogs and I was right. But it was also kind of a no-brainer, so it doesn't count. Actually, I rarely am right on my gut feelings so I've learned to not listen to them and do the opposite.


Salad - List 3 words that you really don't like how they sound.
  1. vomit
  2. disembowel
  3. FloridaGators

Main Course - What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Pantene Pro-V 2-in-1. I suspect the 2 ingredients are rock salt and a light balsamic vinaigrette.

Dessert - If you found out that you definitely do have a guardian angel, what would you name it?


We get to name them? Oh boy, oh boy. I think I would call him Harvey - and that name has resonance on so many frelling levels... Wait - how about Al? That would be fun, cause when I talked to him people would assume I was Leaping. Then there's Obi-Wan, but you can see right through him--

Oh, but that's of course assuming all these guardian angels are male.......... Hmmmmmmmm



Looks like the Friday's Feast lady has added a new meme, so in honor of her fine service lo these many years, I'll do it as well. Collect'em and trade'em with your friends!

Casual Curiosity

Instructions: Give your opinion on each of the 5 subjects below. What do you think about...

the board game Trivial Pursuit

One of my favorite overall board games. Laura and I are known far and wide as a team you do NOT want to play against in a game. I've spent my life gathering useless trivia on facts far and wide, and she...um, well, she fills in the gaps I guess.

Yeah, that's getting me the couch when she gets home ;)



the state of Kentucky

Random Thoughts: Border state to Tennessee; state my dad visited on business trips many times while I was growing up; state where one of my best friends from high school now lives and raises horses; bluegrass/whiskey/play very good basketball (can you guess the movie that's from?); UK is an annual whipping boy for our football team


the astrological sign and constellation Pisces

My dad's a Pisces, so it's one I learned a long time ago. Now my wife is one too, so I'm kind of surrounded. It's always had a calming sound and image to it, for some reason. Maybe due to the fact it's the twelfth and final sign of the Zodiac.


Winnie the Pooh, the fictional bear

I can do his voice, and most of the other characters from the Disney Movies when I read to my daughter. I always thought he was a little too dim, though, for a character that's supposed to contain such deep wisdom...


Castles

Love'em. Want to visit one someday, a real one in Scotland or Ireland. Also a fun board game.

No comments:

Post a Comment