Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Feast Sixty-Seven - Friday, October 21, 2005

Appetizer - Do you button shirts top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top?

Top-to-bottom. Except when I'm not quite awake and put it on backwards, then it's tough to button it at all...


Soup - What is your favorite sandwich?

I've recently revived a childhood obsession with pimento cheese sandwiches - that's all I ate when I was at Myrtle Beach last week. But other than that, my favorite is just a sliced ham and American cheese with mayo and mustard. Sometimes grilled. Of course, no peanut butter for me as it is the spread of Satan.


Salad - What was a family project you helped work on as a child?

Um, Mom and Dad I'm embarassed but I can't really remember a "family project" we worked on. Are we talking like when the Brady's built the dunking machine in their backyard, or filmed a Pilgrim movie? Sometimes it was a project just getting out of the house in the morning...


Main Course - When have you acted phony?

I hate how I'm expected to act around "important" people, i.e. higher ups in our company or elsewhere. You're expected to turn on the uber-outgoing happy face, which, while I am usually uber-outgoing and happy it's with a fawning deference that turns my stomach sometimes. I like to think that while different people have different levels of experience and responsibilty, everyone deserves the same levels of respect and attention - from the top-down, to bottom-up.

Hey, I think I answered the shirt question again...



Dessert - Do you write letters or postcards? If so, to whom?

I haven't written a physical letter or postcard in many, many years that I can recall unless it was on a birthday card. I e-mail quite frequently, and like it or not it's taken the place of physical written correspondence to a large percentage of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment