Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Feast



Friday, March 16, 2007 - Feast One Hundred & Thirty Five


Appetizer - Name two things that made you smile this week.

1) Brainyboy coming back from a fairly disappointing (to himself) first soccer game on Tuesday to a much better second one on Wednesday. He's the only goalie for his school's JV team and is very much a Field General - directing his teammates where to be and showing a good knowledge of strategy. Watching him take command and do well defending the goal brings a smile to my face.

2) Watching Tink's ever-increasing sense of humor, wit and acting ability take shape. She's starting to mimic voices, do characters, adopt personas - all still very whimsical and very much a 7-yr-old. Her intelligence makes me smile.

Did I mention we have a convenience store in our house? They're 7-11.



Soup - Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?

Don't you hate it when a nice, serious thoughtful Friday's Feast suddenly takes a strange turn?


Salad - When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?

I keep a big oversized mallet by the side of the bed.


Main Course - What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?

Who put the bop in the bop-she-bop? However, I have discovered who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong. After exhaustive reseach and effort, I have determined it was, indeed, Fred Rogers. Strange, but true.


Dessert - What is your favorite pasta dish?

Fettucini Alfredo, although it's difficult to find an Italian restaurant that really makes a good dish. I love lasagna, too.

However, my real favorite Italian dish might be Monica Bellucci. Wait, did I say that out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment