Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast



Friday, March 09, 2007 - Feast One Hundred and Thirty Four

Appetizer - What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

Typically between 12:30 and 1:30 am. I'd like to be able to go to bed earlier because, you know, sleep good. But there's so much I like to do like watch DVD's or mess around on the computer, it's hard to stop.


Soup - When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

I probably give more advice than I receive because I'm not good at taking advice. Plus since I'm a dad, advice goes out on a daily basis...


Salad - Describe a memorable meal you've had.

We were discussing today my favorite pizza places of all time - #3) Little Caesars that was on Kingston Pike near what's today Kingston Alley. My wife and I got takeout there every week when we lived in that area just after we first got married. #2) Stephano's on the Strip. The best crust, hands down. #1) Godfather's Pizza that used to be in Fountain City near where Cici's Pizza is today. Before it was Godfather's it was a great place called Happy Joe's (mmm. just remembering gives me good feelings...) Godfather's was the best pizza I ever ate, hands down, and was a place we hung out at after football games in high school before it closed. Great, great meals were had in all those places.


Main Course - Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

I'm currently reading Norman Mailer's "The Gospel According to the Son" which is what a fictional Gospel actually written by Jesus might be like. I don't expect any great spiritual truth or, ahem, revelation to come out of it, but I'm hoping it will give some insight or raise some questions I can search for.


Dessert - What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

I fluxuate between apple juice and orange juice, though I should probably drink more of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment