Monday, September 19, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Sixty-Two - Thursday, September 15, 2005

Appetizer - Do your closer friends tend to be male or female? Why do you think that is?

They actually tend to me female, usually because most guys I know seem to spend less brain energy thinking about familes and arts, and more thinking about their jobs and golf games. I'm typically the only male at a birthday party, or other gathering involving my kids so I am friends with more women than men.


Soup - If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be?

I was about to say something like playing the cello, but I realize I already have the musical talent to play instruments, I just haven't applied it to the cello yet. I would love to have the talent for extemparaneous public speaking, and the ability to engage a group of people or an audience by storytelling or something like that.

Plus I'd like to be able to, like, build something.



Salad - Name a household cleaning item that you would recommend to others.

I run across people I'd like to just recommend simple shampoo too, but that's not the real point of the question. Household cleaner? Well, not that I really get too intimately involved with Spic 'n Span, but there is a brand of pet-stain cleaner we've used that works great. I couldn't tell you the name, though....


Main Course - What do you strive for in life?

I strive to be a good parent, a good husband, a good Christian and a good human being. If I achieve success in other areas, it's icing.


Dessert - On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how funny do you consider yourself

I consider myself to have an above-average sense of humor, and am able to almost always make my kids laugh. Interestingly I wasn't always like this, but I remember in junior high a kid named Matt was the class clown, and always seemed to charm the 7th and 8th grade girls - so I tried to be like him and develop an outward sense of humor. It never got me any girls, but as I developed the funny, I sure began looking at life differently - a perspective that has lasted through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment