Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Sixty-One - Friday, September 09, 2005

Appetizer - Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?

Well, that's easy to say that it's my wife, Laura. We talk about anything, anywhere, and she's always there for me. 'Nuff said.


Soup - If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?

I think I would be interested to live in the time of the Ancient Greeks - something about that culture always fascinated me, and while I'm sure they were nowhere near the height of civilized living, they probably weren't as decadent as the Romans. So, I guess Athens.


Salad - What is the most exciting event you've ever witnessed?

The cheezy answer would be when I was in the marching band at the 1986 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, when UT beat Miami 35-7. Other than that..well, I've never seen a shuttle or other rocket launch. I've never witnessed a large fire or other disaster or huge wreck. I've never skiied down a mountain side pursued by sinister Soviet agents, with only one ski and a Baretta at my side, nor have I launched the final torpedo that destroyed the evil battle station. Maybe the most exciting event I witnessed was the opening day of the 1982 World's Fair....


Main Course - If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?

I wouldn't. If my "celebrity" couldn't stand on its own merits, I don't need to be thought of as a celebrity.

Yeah, I know, easy for me to say.

Ok, ok. I would forced myself to have a torrid affair with Mia Sara from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", but that's ALL. I mean, if it's ok with you, dear....



Dessert - What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?

BrainyBoy was born almost 10 years ago when I was 29, and I think it's a great age so I'd recommend it. When they graduate from high school I'll still be in my 40's, and hopefully won't be out of my 50's or so when they gets married and have kids (knock on wood).

No comments:

Post a Comment