Friday, November 21, 2003

Nursery Rhymes

Gigglegirl came home the other day from day care,

Her: "Daddy? Want to hear the new song I learned?"

Me: "Sure."

Her: (ahem)
"There is a castle on a cloud.
I like to go there in my sleep.
Not many floors for me to sweep,
Here in my castle on a cloud."


Me: (jaw dropping). "Wow, sweety, that's beautiful!"

That's the first four lines of "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables. I see bright things for this girl...;)

...

Tonight we went to see the boat parade on the Knoxville riverfront near Calhoun's on the River. Had dinner with some good friends and their toddler, wandered around the Christmas-bedecked waterfront and Volunteer Landing and felt guilty for being in the Christmas spirit. Then we realized it was actually just about a month till Christmas. Oh, ok then.

I put GiggleGirl on my shoulders and walked around with her, watching the boats and fireworks and helped her feed the ducks. She had on her ruby slippers she got from her birthday and fell asleep on her way home with a red balloon tied to her wrist.

I don't blog about my son as much as I do her - maybe a four-year-old has such wonder it's easier to relate than a seven-year-old boy. He's so smart, she's so innocent - I still don't know why or how I deserve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment