Monday, September 10, 2007

Blogger Block

What to write?

I'd love to dive into the issues of the day but I don't have time to do a lot of research on linking, justification, fact-finding, all that. So here are just a few salient points and opinions that float about my head. If something doesn't make sense, just ask and I'll try to clarify.

Please, feel free to comment or discuss anything that strikes your fancy. I want to talk :)


  • Gauntlet, Gauntlet II and Gauntlet Legends may just be the best trio of arcade video games ever created. And the trio were designed over a span of about 15 years. Discuss.

  • I apologize if this offends anyone, but the idea of pulling our troops out of Iraq is ludicrous. The chaos that would result is unacceptable, and would result in a much larger net problem than staying and trying to fix the problem.

  • In a related vein, there's no way to accurately get an idea whether the "surge" is working or not, because almost each and every report you see is biased one way or another. And the idea a US Senator (Biden) purports to know more than the General in charge is asinine.

  • Ok, enough about foreign policy. I wish I had enough free time to be able to watchblog about the News Sentinel's trial vs. Knox County goverment. Rich, Russ...how do you guys find the time?

  • It's a happy, happy day when Michigan and Notre Dame are 0-2. I almost thought Miami was 0-2 as well after they got pasted by Oklahoma but they're 1-1, so I have nowhere to talk. It's also nice when Georgia gets beat. Tennessee looked better vs Southern Miss than most people give them credit for. I've picked them too many times vs Florida and been disappointed to pick them this time. But I'll be happy to be surprised. Florida 24-10.

  • Bob Kesling, radio announcer for UT Football, is simply terrible. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and is a knowledgeable sportscaster as well as competent basketball announcer, but he has no real skill to call a football game. He was good as a sideline reporter for Jefferson Sports on TV, but that's it. It's embarrassing. I had a whole huge post about this but decided not to post it, because I don't want to hurt somebody's feelings that I don't even know. And I don't want Smokey to visit my house in the dead of night...

  • Tink turns 8 in a couple weeks. Brainyboy's playing Little League baseball. Just catching everyone up.

  • My shoulder hurts, my wrists hurt, my back hurts, my side hurts, and sometimes my pride hurts. Did I miss anything?

  • Why do I not seem to be able to write like I used to on this site? I used to be able to do some nice, long posts about my life I was proud of. That hasn't happened in a while. I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment