Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sing with me! "Uptight, out of sight...."

Red Rover, Red Rover, tag's all over
An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.
I read these stories and just shake my head and laugh, sadly. I can't help wondering, what kind of home lives did these poor administrators have as children? Do they have no memories of running around outside playing tag? Red Light Green Light? Red Rover?

I may be a slightly above-average protective parent to my kids, but in this area that means not being so overly permissive you let them do whatever they like, or indulge them so much you throw them 15th Birthday parties complete with high school Chippendale dancers and new cars... I can't help but wonder how sad these admin's childhoods must have been, to not be allowed to play tag - and how repressed these current kids' lives will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment