Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Up in Flames

The house in the subdivision behind my across-the-street neighbors burned this afternoon. I was sitting at home when I noticed cars slowing down in front of my house. I got up to look outside, and noticed flames shooting out of the house across the way. Having finished a day's worth of video shooting for work, I still had my camera handy so I got a few minutes of footage before the tape ran out.

The house, I believe, was actually a condo - I don't believe anyone was hurt, but it was certainly a spectacle. Firefighters were already there when I went outside, but I can't believe I didn't hear them. I was concerned for neighboring houses, but there was very little wind and the fire, while intense, showed no sign of being fanned or jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment