Tuesday, April 27, 2004

TV Tuesday

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Comedy Central unveiled it's list of the 100 Greatest Stand-Up Comedians of All Time last week. (The list was quite subjective, I don't know who voted, no one asked me.) But it was a fun series of shows to watch. They are replaying it endlessly if you'd like to catch it. You can view their list here, if you'd like some help coming up with names for this week's questions!

1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time?

I'd have the say the one stand-up whose material made me laugh the most was Bill Cosby, especially his "Fatherhood" routines. Second place would probably be George Carlin.

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!)

Although he was at times mildly amusing, I could never understand the point of Sam Kinison. I was never really amused by Don Rickles' "insult" humor, either.

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up?

I think Robin Williams has had the most distinguished career outside of standup.

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?

In a heartbeat. I love to perform, and if I have material and something to improvise with, I think I'd do pretty well.

Thanks for playing - you are one wild and crazy guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment