Monday, March 22, 2004

Word

I took BrainyBoy (v8.1) to the dentist today. He needed a filling, and as we left he was understandably quite numb. And quite tired (see previous post for the weekend's activities).

I drove him to his grandparents' house for the day, since he's on spring break - BBv8.1 slept all the way. As I pulled into the driveway, I looked back at him, mentioning that we were here. He mumbled to me, "You know what I'm going to do first?"

"Take a nap?" I said.

He nodded. "Straight up."

Huh? What was that again?

"What do you mean...straight up?" I asked, casting my mind back to wonder when in the world he'd started speaking Urban slang..

He said, "Straight up - straight upstairs to the bedroom where we sleep over."

"Ohhhhh. Got it...."

Yo, yo. My frizzle was shizzled on that one...