Thursday, January 25, 2007

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, January 26, 2007 - Feast One Hundred & Twenty Eight

Appetizer - If you could take lessons to learn any musical instrument, which would you want to learn?

I've always been fascinated by the tone and emotion of the cello. I've never attempted to play a string instrument before, and I'm unsure if I'd have the patience to learn but I'd love to give it a try. A cello has such a plaintive, melancholy sound that (to me) is much more expressive than any other string instrument (except the piano, of course). How much would a used cello go for, anyway?


Soup - Have you ever mistaken a person for someone else?

I don't recall a specific instance, but if you're caught staring at someone by accident and you feel like a fool you can always say, "Oh, I'm sorry - I thought you were someone else.."


Salad - On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?

C'mere...let me let you in on a little secret... Actually, I don't know very many secrets unless they're privileged information from my work or something like that. I suppose I'd have to be a 9, because there are sometimes I'll share information with my wife that I might not've been given strict permission to include her in the discussion - simply because I believe a married couple should not be considered separate entities in that regard.


Main Course - What's the closest you've ever been to a dangerous animal?

You mean, outside a zoo? :) Last summer we took a trip through the Everglades and came close to several gators - we were in no danger, but they were right there in the water outside our airboat. At Animal Kingdom in Orlando there are no cages separating your tour bus from the animals. I guess the closest would be the time I was bitten twice on the leg by a brown recluse spider. Oooh...big game hunter, me...


Dessert - When was the last time you lost your patience?

I lose my patience with my kids sometimes when they take forever to finish a task, like cleaning their room or picking up toys. I've lost patience with people at my office before, when they take too long to get back to me with information or complete a project. But I usually keep a good handle on my patience and temper.

No comments:

Post a Comment