Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire...

Dec. 7th, SI.com - No thanks! Saban declines chance to interview for 'Bama post
Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday that Alabama approached his agent about its coaching job but he declined to meet with school officials."I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said.

Speculation tying Saban to the Crimson Tide job first surfaced the day they fired Mike Shula on Nov. 27. Saban publicly denied interest several times, but on Thursday, he acknowledged that the school had contacted his agent, Jimmy Sexton.

"They called Jimmy and said, 'Is Nick interested?' And Jimmy said no," Saban said. "Jimmy asked me on several occasions, and I said no.


Dec. 12thMontgomery Advisor - Saban continues to deny UA interest
In his weekly news conference Monday, Saban was again asked about the situation.

"I think I've addressed that enough. I mean, when does this become a dead story?" he said. "I've already said what I've said. I've already talked to our team, and I don't think that I need to continue to address this. I don't see the issue here, and I don't see any reason to talk about it."


Dec. 21st Miami Herald - Dolphins' Saban: `I'm not going to be Alabama coach'
Challenged to state flatly he would not be the next University of Alabama coach, Dolphins coach Nick Saban said today, ``I guess I have to say it -- I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.''

''I shouldn't even have to comment on this,'' Saban continued. ``I think I've said this over and over and over again.''



Jan. 3 - ESPN.com - After repeated denials, Saban takes Bama job
Nick Saban has accepted an offer from Alabama to coach the Crimson Tide and leave the Miami Dolphins, two weeks after declaring "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.

Saban's agreement with Alabama is for eight years and a fully-guaranteed $32 million, according to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. Saban can potentially earn an additional $700,000 to $800,000 annually in bowl-game bonuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment