Thursday, August 04, 2005

Little to Nothing...

I got nothing. Every topic I think about discussing will surely alienate half of what little audience I have, or will be only of interest to me...so, you tell me.

What do you want me to write about? What do you want to know about me?


  1. If you go to play one character on Broadway, who would it be and why? (Becky)

    It would be the Baker from Into the Woods. The character has such a soul - all his life he and his wife want a child, and to do so he must brave the woods to break the curse on his family. He wants to protect his wife, so he goes alone - she loves him as well, so she follows. The whole play revolves around their love for each other and desire to have a baby - when he loses her at the end and must now raise the child alone, he realizes that he has a larger family than he ever realized. His friends and the whole world are his family, and he doesn've have to be alone. It's just such a great part, to play someone with such devotion to wife and child, and also is a natural leader of the rest of the group...

  2. Why haven't you watched Firefly yet? (Michael)

    Mostly because, like Lost, I missed the first couple of episodes and didn't want to jump in in the middle. Maybe I can find the season set at Blockbuster to rent.

  3. You were part of the greatest marching band on the planet during your college career. As we count down to football season, tell us a story of some of the fun you had and what kind of routines you did...memories of band. (Michael)

    Probably my greatest memory of being in the UT Marching Band was participating in the 1986 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. We formed a big eagle, and I was the tip of the beak (I played trumpet). Lee Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA" (this was around when it first came out and was hugely popular for itself, not like now when it's considered the Bizarro America National Anthem). I've never experienced a crowd reaction like that - flashbulbs popping all over the stadium, the crowd cheering their lungs out. It was phenomenal. (Tennessee being ahead 14-7 over Miami at the half didn't hurt) ;)

    Alas, I have no "American Pie" band camp stories. Well, there was this one.....nah..

No comments:

Post a Comment