Monday, May 03, 2004

TV Tuesday

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world…

In honor of Mother’s Day this Sunday (what- you forgot? Shame on you! Get thee to a Hallmark Store!) This week’s questions will be about that beloved group of ladies we all know and love- TV moms.

1. Who is/was your favorite TV mom?

Probably Marion Cunningham from Happy Days. Warm and friendly, and goofy as well.

2. Was she a realistic mother, or more of a TV fantasy type?

More fantasy, since it took place in the idealized 50's.

3. Which TV mom did you find the most unrealistic? Or if you’d rather: creepy – sappy – mean – you choose the adjective, and you name the mom.

I did not, do not, and never will care for Claire Huxtable from The Cosby Show. She had a look that said, "Heathcliff ...you are an absolute idiot, and I don't know why I even listen to you..." Ick.

~Bonus~ No disrespect to your dear old mum, but which TV mom did you think it might be neat to have as your own?

I think Carol Brady would've been a great mom. But not nearly as good as my mom. Hi Mom!

Thanks for playing! Happy Mother’s Day, and always remember the loving words of TV mom Roseanne Conner: “If those kids are alive by the time he comes home at the end of the day, then hey, I’ve done my job!”

No comments:

Post a Comment