Monday, May 17, 2004

TV Tuesday

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...

Jay Leno once quipped when he was alone in an elevator his mind always reverted to the lowest song he could think of: "Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed..."

Love them or hate them, TV theme songs stick with us for years! If you're stuck on some lyrics, click here for a comprehensive page with words I never even knew existed. (Who knew I Dream of Jeannie had lyrics???)

On that musical note:

1. What is your favorite TV theme song?

Wow, that's tough. I really liked, and still do like, the "Friends" theme. Gilligan's great, and so is WKRP. However, I think my favorite is "Mad About You"

"Tell me why, I love you like I do,
Tell me who - can stop my heart as much as you.
Tell me all your secrets and I'll tell you most of mine...
Let's take each other's hand, as we jump into the final frontier!
(Mad About You, baby!)"


2. Which song drives you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?

Family Ties with "What Would We Do Baby, Without Us". It never fit the tone of the series...

3. Which song are your proud to say you remember (most of) the lyrics to???

The Gene Roddenberry-penned lyrics to the Star Trek theme..

~Bonus~ Put the lyrics on your page (from memory), and I'll list you next week in the TV Tuesday Theme Song Hall of Fame. Don't forget to leave a comment so I'll know you posted!

"Beyond the rim of the starlight,
My love is wandrin' in starflight,
I know he'll find in star-clustered reaches,
Love, strange love a star woman teaches!
Although his journey ends never,
His Star Trek will go on forever,
And tell him while he wanders his starry sea...
Remember - remember me."

That is just sad...


Thanks for playing, and remember:

"Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..."

No comments:

Post a Comment