Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Food, Glorious Food

I was wondering when I was going to get tagged for this meme - thanks LissaKay!...


1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Joe (NE Tennessee, USA)
10K Monkeys (Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA)
Big Stupid Tommy (Athens, Tennessee, USA)
Newscoma (Weakley County, Tennessee, USA)
Russ McBee (Knoxville, Tennessee, USA)
Atomictumor Mrs Eaves (Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA)
Oh Really? LissaKay (Oak Ridge, TN, USA)
Inn of the Last Home (Knoxville, TN USA)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.


1 - I once got made fun of mercilessly by a large group of online culinary snobs for this pick, but I love eating at The Olive Garden. Not so much for the pasta itself, but for the hot, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth breadsticks and the delicious salad with Italian dressing. Both are all you can eat, and the pasta comes in huge portions, too. Take that, K2K!! There's an Olive Garden in Turkey Creek I actually went to last night, but the one we went to the most is on Kingston Pike near West Town Mall. (Honorable mention for Italian goes to Altrudas which has better pasta, especially the Fettucini Alfredo, and Gondoliers, which is close by, quick and filling.

2 - My favorite Mexican place is Monterrey's in Farragut. Good, hot, spicy-but-not-too-spicy, fairly authentic as best I can tell and economical. My wife loves Cozymel's but I prefer my Mexican somewhat less corporate. I used to eat at Cancun's a lot (Broadway, Chapman Hwy, Peter's Rd) but after finding bugs all over a buffet plate at the old Kingston Pike location, we haven't been back much.

3 - I spoke briefly of my favorite pizza spots in my small personal history here, but the only one of those that still exists is Stefano's on the Strip. And that's mainly for the delicious crust. The toppings are fine, but the crust is to die for.

Do you get the idea I only go for specialty types of food? You couldn't be more wrong!! Actually, no, that's pretty accurate.

4 - Litton's in Fountain City has the best hamburgers in town and have been #1 for many years. What's funny is their jumbo hot dog on toasted bun is almost as good, and I'm often torn when I go there which one to get. But the burger usually wins out. Another really good burger can be had at Steak Out on Kingston Pike, and quality burgers served in an especially quality, friendly, clean atmosphere can be had at Back Yard Burgers.

5 - I'm especially fond of subs and a good ham'n'cheese, and my favorite is at Mcallister's (on the Strip, in Turkey Creek and in Alcoa). The Hickory Melt is my favorite, followed closely by the new Club Wrap. And it has some of the best SWEET TEA in town, which is a big priority (Back Yard Burgers in Bearden wins that crown). I also enjoy the Cuban and the Cheeseburger Wrap at Beef O'Brady's.

I tag Michael, Julie, The Beast, Sarcomical and Will.

Oh, and Kat Coble, cuz she and Slarti, they's my two new favoritest bloggers, but Slarti's already done the meme...

No comments:

Post a Comment