Thursday, January 18, 2007

Why Not - Everybody Else is Doing It?

Since everyone else in Knox County has apparently decided they want to be one of the new County Commission appointees, I figured it was my turn. I'm officially throwing my fedora into the ring for 5th District County Commission. I figure my singular lack of experience in any sort of governmental protocol is more than outweighed by the fact that I'm a) nonpartisan, 2) not beholden monetarily or by political or business relationship to any entity, party, group or individual, c) have slightly more common sense than the average water mollusk, and 4) probably have more personal integrity than all politicians combined.

What the heck, I'm not doing anything important these days, except raising a family, holding down a full-time job, working part-time at my church and now supporting two full grown after-hours hobbies in theatre and my band. I should be able to give the job more real attention even with all those conflicts than most any other Knox politico ever has...

No comments:

Post a Comment