Tuesday, February 08, 2005

TV Tuesday

Week 42: The Super Bowl

It's the biggest spectacle in all of sports--the Super Bowl. It's more than just a game, it's the pre-game, half-time show, post-game report and the coveted post-Super Bowl spot to pump up a show. And let's not forget the commericals.

This week, we turn our attention to...the Super Bowl.

1. How much of this year's Super Bowl did you watch? Do you watch any of the pre-game hype?

Very little. Watched a bit of the second half, but since I was interested in neither team and didn't get invited to any Super Bowl parties I didn't pay much attention.

I did tape it, so I'll be going back later to watch whichever commercials they say were decent...

I watched none of the pre-game.


2. What was your favorite commercial during the Super Bowl? Least favorite?

Haven't seen them yet - but I did see the one about the guys jumping out of the airplane after the case of beer on the Today show Monday morning. That was great :)

3. Did you like the half-time show?

I watched a little of McCartney singing "Live and Let Die" (I love that song) and "Hey Jude" (I like that one, too).

4. What's your favorite food to eat while watching the Super Bowl?

Same as for any other football game - my wife's special Gameday queso cheese and sausage dip.

~ BONUS ~ A lot has been made over the years about the post-Super Bowl slot to highlight or launch TV shows. It was the post-Super Bowl spot that brought us the A-Team and the Wonder Years. Do you stay up to watch the post-Super Bowl shows? What is the most memorable post-Super Bowl show you've seen?

Probably the best post-Super Bowl show was the hour-long Friends with the return of Marcel the Monkey, and Brooke Shields. I've seen others that were just plain bad. I taped the Simpsons and will watch it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment