Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Thirty-Seven

Appetizer - Name something that makes you scream.

The Dinosaur ride at Walt Disney World. This ride is an immersive jeep trip through the jungles of the late Cretaceous period, just before the landing of the huge meteor that wipes out the dinosaurs. You're riding around in the near dark, animatronic dinos all around, when right at the end a Carnatours bursts out of the bushes next to your car, leans down and roars right at you. I happened to be on the side of the jeep just under his jaws - and I couldn't help it. I screamed like a 2-year-old. It was great :)

Seriously, if you want a taste of what it's like, go to the link above and watch the 30-second movie clip that autoplays. The part I'm talking about is right at the end - you'll know it when you see it...


Soup - Who is a musician you enjoy listening to when you want to relax?

Jimmy Buffett or James Taylor

Salad - What was the last book you purchased?

Higher Authority by Stephen White, which I'm just about finished with. Course I'm in the middle of about four others...

Main Course - If you could live one day as any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?

"Ok, Al. Tell Ziggy I'm reading to go Leaping again..."

A couple of possibilities: 1) One of the shepherds in the field that not only got to see the baby Jesus, but also the heavenly host proclaiming his birth. 2) Any of the signers of the Declaration of Independance. 3) Paul McCartney, when The Beatles debuted on The Ed Sullivan Show. 4) Al Michaels, getting to call the Miracle on Ice. And I don't even like hockey...


Dessert - Tell about a time when you were lost. Where did you end up? How long did it take you to get back to where you were going?

When I was in sixth grade I went, as a lot of other kids did at that time (circa 1977), to Washington DC with the AAA-Sponsored Safety Patrol trip. I and my friends were visiting the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, and I got separated. It was an odd feeling - I was alone in Washington DC, hundreds of miles away from home, but in exactly the place I would like to get lost in. I finally caught up with them down near the huge stuffed Wooly Mammoth they have in the rotunda. It's still there, isn't it? It was scary and exhilerating at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment