Monday, February 07, 2005

Blog Pet Peeves

As I've been surfing around using BlogExchange, et al, I've noticed a disturbing trend.

I won't assume to be the world's greates blog template designer. I mean, hey, just look around... But I do design regular websites for a living, and you pick up a few things.

There's one thing that will make me jump right past your site without a second glance. And I'm sure I'm not alone:

A huge graphic header that takes up the whole screen.

I know a lot of people out there are wonderful graphic artists, and love to show off their craft. But a blog should be an information source, and if I have to scroll down even a little just to find an entry, I'm moving on. If you want us to see your handiwork, that's great - link to it, or feature it on down the page. But not at the top. Headers should be understated, not overstated.

Agree? Disagree? Pelt me with rocks and garbage?

No comments:

Post a Comment