Wednesday, July 21, 2004

When Your Heroes Fall...

Lileks is a Marvel-phile (Registration Required)

"Superhero books. These form the bulk of [my] collection, and I'm proud to say they were all Marvel. Back then you were a Marvel kid or a DC kid. The latter was home to Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Superdog, SuperChickenFetus, SuperBacterium, and so on. All were indestructible unless exposed to a green rock -- which, of course, every supercriminal had in abundance. (Probably from the Niger stockpiles.) Every other SuperWhatever issue had a "what if?" story: What if Superman married Lois Lane on planet Quesar VII and they lived underwater and had Supertwins? What if I don't read this drivel?

No, I was a Marvel reader all the way."
I feel similar to how I did when I heard Harvey Dent had gone bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment