Friday, July 30, 2004

Friday's Feast



Appetizer
Name 3 things that you think are beautiful.
  1. The sound of kids laughing
  2. The first few bars of a concerto, and the last few bars of a symphony
  3. A week of vacation ahead of you :)
Soup
What was the last concert you attended?
It has really been a long time since I've been to any kind of concert. Probably Amy Grant.

Salad
What is one thing that frightens you about getting older?
That the number of days to come are getting smaller. Also forgetting.

Main Course
Tell us about one of your funny quirks or habits.
I find I'm unable to concentrate with more than one person talking at a time nearby, or a person and a loud TV. It makes me crazy, and I get very nervous. I also have what I consider to be a special aptitude for empathy. My wife's confirmed this many time. I can usually tell, not necessarily what emotion someone is feeling but I can share emotional states with other people. If someone is feeling upset, but putting on a brave face I can sense it and adjust how I interact with them. Thus I have tons of patience for people who are looked down on (and consequently, little patience for the ones looking down on them).

Dessert
If you could extend one month to 50 days (instead of the normal 28, 29, 30, or 31), which month would you want to lengthen?
I would want 19-20 more days of spring, so April or May. Or if it's still warm, 19 more days of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment