Thursday, May 10, 2007

Who Is Jacob?

Here's a screen-grab of the mysterious "Jacob" seen (or not seen) in last night's Lost:


I lightened/sharpened/contrasted it quite a bit from the dark original, but it's still not quite as good as what I freeze-framed on the HD picture last night. You see the character has a high forehead, a fairly long head, long hair parted in the middle, a pinkish-salmon jacket/sweater over perhaps a khaki shirt or maybe a uniform. There's a flat, patrician nose and maybe a hint of a grey beard or goatee.

Doug (and others) think he looks like Ben. I think he looks somewhat like the apparently ageless Richard Alpert, especially how he looked when young Ben first ran into him in the jungle.

I think it's more likely that it's the Smoke Monster - or rather, a manifestation of whatever the Smoke Monster is - because of its apparent invisibility and ability to manipulate objects all over the room. I don't really think it's a figment of Ben's imagination, nor do I think he's pulling a fast one on everybody. I think there's a "there" there, but what it is is still indetermined.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not saying this has anything to do with Lost and I'll admit i haven't read all of it because I'm tired. It may be worth a read though, 3 things i will point out about it is that it speaks of a man called Jacob with a wife called Rachel who dies after giving birth to a son called Benjamin, That is why it might be worth a read however it may also be a waste of time but it's on wikipedia so don't be too hopeful.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob

    You can read it page for page or click on the names that interest you but feel free to give your opinions, just don't be nasty if you find this of no interest.

    ReplyDelete