Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Bloggers Bashing Bredesen

Supposedly the Tennessee blogosphere (would that be pronounced, "blawg-a-sfahr"?) is all "abuzz" about noted Nashville blogger and journalist Sharon Cobb's evidence that Governor Bredesen is a bad, bad boy... with regards to Tenncare.

I'll leave it to you to evaluate her evidence on your own time.

Mostly what she has, that I've seen so far, are copies of documents that seem to point to Bredesen intentionally misleading the public on the actions of the Tennessee Justice Center regarding TennCare cuts. Or something. It's not really clear to me...

I can't comment on the veracity of the documents and allegations - maybe they're real, maybe they aren't. But, similar to the CBS George Bush "memo" that surfaced before the election that turned out to be forged, the documents she has scanned and presented on her site.... well does it seem to anyone else that they're just papers, and could've been typed up by anyone? How "authentic" (especially in the this day and age) can any document be proven to be, really?

I could type up any official memo that I want that contains damning information on the actions of any public official, "age" them if necessary, add the requisite fax marks and whatnot, and say that they're evidence. How could I prove they are what I say they are?

Again, I'm not saying she's lying or not - just that everyone seems to believe they're 100% authentic, and I don't see how you can come to that conclusion...

For Instance...

Look at the document she presents in a graphic. How many people out there could type something similar up in Word, print it out, and say it came from the governor's office? I probably could. Course, I don't have the credentials she has, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment