Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Walking

Light blogging until next Monday.

I'm going on an Emmaus Walk starting Thursday around 6, and I'll be back Sunday night.

Basically, the Emmaus Walk - and Donald Sensing could probably explain it better than I can, since I've never done it before - is a:

'...spiritual renewal program intended to strengthen the local church through the development of Christian disciples and leaders. The program's approach seriously considers the model of Christ's servanthood and encourages Christ's disciples to act in ways appropriate to being "a servant of all."'
I've talked to several people in my church who have been, and for them it was a life-changing experience.

Several men, praying, witnessing, and learning how to walk closer with God. I may be a different person when I return - I hope so. I plan to write about it, if I can find the words.

Anyway, those of you who are inclined to please pray for me - the rest, think of me fondly as I miss the Florida game. Pull the Vols through!

See you Monday.

P.S. It's quite possible that sometime this weekend someone will become the 10,000th visitor to Inn of the Last Home. To that person, and all the others who've visited since I started in January, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment